Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New sub link

Carsten,

Do you mind telling us a little about the ballast system on the Euronaut?

I am wondering:

How big are your VBT (Variable Buoyancy Tanks) compared to the overall volume of the Euronaut (minus the Main Ballast Tanks, which I assume you will flood when you dive?)

How big are the MBT compared to the rest of the boat?

How do you intend to "blow" the MBT when you surface... will you use high pressure air, pumps, or both?

How much air for ballast purposes do you have stored in the cylinders in (or on) the boat? How many cylinders (of what size) does that take?

I ask about the Euronaut because that is the size of submarine that particularly interests me. I do my day-dreaming about submarines ranging from the size of Peter Madsen's Kraka (what a cool looking boat!) to something the size of your vessel... I like the idea of being able to cruise for a couple of days surfaced or submerged before returning to port.

I would like to know more about Peter's new UC 3 project... It is too bad I can't read Danish.

Thanks all you Psubbers for putting together an excellent community. I've been lurking for a while now. (Isn't that what submariners are best at?)

With enthusiasm,

Chuck