RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ABS - 3/17.1.1 - Normal Ballast System

Marten, I'm sorry to say that respect don't come by reading a book...

But you still have my respect anyway!

Pierre

From: "Marten Liebster" <mliebster@tbteam.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ABS - 3/17.1.1 - Normal Ballast System
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:23:51 -0400

Gentlemen and scholars,

Quoting ABS handbook in section 3/17.1.1 (Normal Ballast System):
"Each manned unit is to be fitted with a ballast system capable of providing
normal ascent and
descent and necessary trim adjustments. Ballast tanks that are subjected to
internal or
external pressure are to comply with the requirements of Section 6. Two
independent means
of deballasting are to be provided; one is to be operable with no electric
power available."

In my initial designs I have only accommodated for 1 means of deballasting,
using valves and compressed air. I assume this is the way most psubs are
set-up.

How do you deballast?

Do you have two independent means of doing this?

Thanks for info
Marten "the ever-curious" Liebster

PS Hopefully I'll start getting some respect - as I have started to read
through the ABS book :-)

automated process and should be complete within five minutes of receipt
of your request.

mailto:removeme-personal_submersibles@psubs.org

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 311