RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] How to do external electric thrusters?

Hugo,

Thanks. I am long, long, long way off before I actually would start building
my own sub. But that hasn't stopped me from starting to design one, I'm a
dreamer. I found that document on Eagle.org (thanks to psubs.org) last night
and just downloaded and printed it today. It will provide many hours of
reading and learning!

My goals are not to go below 100', to use it for sight seeing and joy riding
and for perhaps 2 or 3 people for up to about an hour. I think these are
reasonable criteria form my first attempt. It would be along the lines of
the Dreamer Revenge ( http://www.psubs.org/pic/dreamer.html ) and the like.

I'd love to build a sub like Carsten Standfuss' CSSX1. But that's not going
to happen in my life time, unless I somehow wake up and my bank account has
a bunch of extra zeros!

At this point I don't want moving thru hull connections - so either
hydraulics or electric seem to be the way to go. Most people here lean
towards electric.

As I've previously said, I am not an engineer. So I'm looking to use parts
that can easily be integrated, such as a trolling motor as you've pointed
out. So were I to start build my sub today, I think I'd use SeaCon type
parts to handle the thru hull connections.

Where can learn about how deep (i.e. how much pressure) trolling motors can
go?

Does anyone else use trolling motors for their sub?

This mailing list, psub and sites people refer to are my ways of doing my
research. Research for this project is rather enjoyable as I learning so
much.

Thanks again.

Marten