From: Erik Muller <emuller@naic.edu>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] operational sub parameter archive.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:27:20 -0400

Hi folks,
While everyone is jumping up and down about submarines, can I re-draw attention to a psub submarine parameter data entry and archive? In case you missed my little speil before: this site was built by Wyatt Greenway (Warrens brother; though his mum helped some too), after prodding by myself to develop/repository for data of OPERATIONAL SUBMARINES. The idea was to have a central place where would-be sub builders can study data of existing submarines, in terms of their size, volume, top speed, power source.... etc. and more usefully design their own. This, afterall, is what I gathered this mailing list was all about.

Due to various problems with servers etc, the existing data was lost, BUT... the site is back up again, maintained by Wyatt for at least a little while. Please please please have a look.. and if you have an operational submarine, please put in the numbers!.. as many of them or as little as you like. I only ask that these data be entered for OPERATIONAL submarines for which the numbers are reasonably well known (to within 10% or so). I.e. theoretical numbers are of no use here.

The site is at:
http://www.restorides.com/cgi-bin/psub-report.cgi

The resulting data is archived at:
http://www.restorides.com/cgi-bin/psub-reportview.cgi

If there is anything that you think is lacking, or is incorrect, let me know (i.e. not Warren or Wyatt)

Please enter the values, then if you could email me to draw my attention..
Thanks folks, I hope to see some numbers in there soon........it would be a great help, I think, to the rest of the 'people-who-are-perpetually-in-design'.

EM.

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/