Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hatch rings

I was talking about an "overlay". This is like plating your existing ring or whatever it is you want, with a hard, corrosion free surface.

Adam
----- Original Message -----
From: Fly Deep
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hatch rings

Adam,,,I do welding on stainless things every day and you really need to weld on at least 1/2 inch think ring to what you already have.  Stainless will warp lots as you weld it and you'll need the material to allow for machining letter.  I don't know what you've got for a base but if you just paint it you'll probably be just fine.  Stainless is cool stuff but is vary over rated.  1/16 to 1/8 will warp so badly that you'll never get it flat even if you use a TIG welding process.  DJB

1/16 in. to 1/8 in. should be fine.

Adam

Do you Yahoo!?