Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] operating Submarine data input site!!!.

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:59:40 -0400 Erik Muller writes:

>What I was looking for was  a web-location where people with FUNCTIONING

>SUBS ONLY can detail the operational parameters of their machine. This
>would include figures such as: the displacement, the top speed, thrust,
>power source ... etc. etc. Personally, I would like to use the numbers
>to crunch up some statistics and see what people put in vs. what they
>get out. (particularly for input thrust vs top speed as a function of
>cross section... ). Such figures can also enormously assist people who
>are in the design phase.

I did that, in an Excel spreadsheet.   I typed in the basic parameters
of 255 designs, most of them military.     Would you like to have the
spreadsheet?

I tried calculating Admiralty coefficient, wetted surface vs horsepower
and other variations.   I never saw a pattern beyond increased horsepower
equalling increased speed.

Mike

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!