From: Coalbunny <coalbunny@vcn.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Cheap and heavy...
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:05:28 -0700

Actually, now that I think of it, if you drop one or two heavy weights, the change in weight versus the force of water and gravity *could* damage the sub. If you have a bunch of little weights and slowly drop them, all the better. Slower is better, I feel.
Carl

Dan H. wrote:

Better do some weight and volume calculations Pierre. You may need a crew
to move the extinguishers when full.

If possible,may be better off with separate lighter weights.  I remember
reading in Kitteridge's book where he tested his drop weight in shallow
water. He had a tough time recovering the one heavy weight and dragging it
ashore.  After that he made it a pan with separate lead weights in it.

Dan H.