Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bilg pump

Greetings Pierre

I use bilge pumps on my home built ROV, and unfortunately they barely do the job and my ROV only weighs about 8 pounds.  See http://jackson.parcabul.com/rov/index.html I am in the process of upgrading my ROV and converting the bilge pumps to use impellers but even then I don't think they would stand a chance of pushing your sub around.  I am going to test a bilge pump to 150 feet because I need one on my sub when it is surfaced.  You might be interested in that. It could be used to give a wet or ambient more freeboard by pumping a ballast tank dry once surfaced, consuming battery instead of compressed air.  Here is the pump I am going to test: http://jackson.parcabul.com/sub/shurflow_bilge_pump.htm

How are you coming on your sub?

Kindest Regards
Doug Jackson