OT- Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aussie Roll Call

Chris, you lucky dog!
Carl

Chris Nugent wrote:

  I have an Australian girlfriend...does she count?  LOL
Nuge

Peter McKellar <mckellar@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Hi All,
If you haven't already gather as much, I live in Australia. I'm
    actually in a smallish country town about 3.5hrs drive north of
    sydney, and inland by about 1hr.  The town is called Gloucester (in
    NSW) and has a population of about  2,500.
Australia suffers from 'The Tyranny of Distance'. We are in the
    middle of nowhere (Australia), and I am remote from even a sizable
    city :)  I probably won't ever get to a psubs convention, and if I
    do, the chances of bringing any sub I built would be negligible.  I
    can't drive for a couple of hours and check the progress of a fellow
    psubber in Seattle or Texas.
Are there any psubbers here that live in Australia? I suspect that
    like most places on the net, we are over-represented on a per capita
    basis.  Maybe someone lives nearby and we could develop a SIG of
    local enthusiasts?  Under the shared yoke of Howard's imperium we
    could also try to find a way to fund our projects under the shadow
    of financial gloom.  We could collect (or even establish) a list of
    local suppliers.
I do not see (or desire) this becoming a separate body, just the
    formation of a local and informal support net.
So - all aussies - put your hands up please! (comments from all
    welcome too).
peter