From: Emile
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic laminating

Dan, Brian

The vacuum form production method sounds good to me but the white papers on the site tell its not suitable for 1 atm subs. little wall thiknes or bad out of roundness??
For to the slice production method; when heat threadment is done after cutting the donuts stress is gone.If properly machined after bonding (sharp tool,coolant) the residual stress must be very small for a material with such a low youngs modulus.
I still think the advantages of producing relative easy a thick walled spherical viewport are great. Disadvantage: as there are no models we have to do some (scaled down) destruction tests.

Regards , Emile