Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic laminating

	Okay, I'll ask the (probably stupid) question here:

	If you laminate two sheets of thick acrylic, how do you strain
relieve it? Cast acrylic is all one piece, and is purportedly easy to
release from casting and machining-caused internal stresses. Is there some
way to determine the strength of a lamination to axial and sheer forces
other than destructive testing? I thought there were a variety of reasons
why plastic viewports were cast, machined and strain-relieved in an oven
before use, but I understand the desire to do a dome in pieces.
	This is an area I know very little about, so be gentle if this is
an obvious or silly question.

					Thank you all,

--
							John