Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] protecting aluminum parts

Anodizing is quite a bit better then powder coating.
Powder coating is a heck of a lot more practical on
large objects, however. Most cities have a powder
coating shop (generally for auto frames). Please note
that anodized surfaces are simply a layer of oxide. If
you want them completely sealed they should be steamed
over night.

Warren.