From: Chris Nugent [mailto:dirkpitt77@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 8:16 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alan Winnick Explorer sub

    For what it's worth, Stanley Plastics quoted me a little over $300 US for just a simple 1.5" thick, 12" diameter flat viewport.  I don't remember if that was certified and tested, but I opted to go that route as it seems a bit less expensive than a dome.  Eight viewports for around $2500-can't beat it.

     Chris Nugent

Carsten Standfuss <MerlinSub@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi - Stanley Plastic for example make this size domes - the last I
requested was about 8000 USD with certification and test - maybe about
5000-6000 without. But there are other non certificate builders make
something in this size for 3000. Depents on diameter and how deep you
want to go.. shallow water maybe less.
Look in the archive files - there are amazing amount of informations..
look for "domes" or "arcylic" or simillar.

best regards Carsten

CurtisUehara@aol.com schrieb:

> I have been looking at the psub picture gallery and I think I would
> like to build something like Mr. Winnick did. The Explorer sub. It
> is not too big and looks pretty easy to understand how it works. The
> parts would not be hard to make I think. But I cant make the glass
> bubble in front. Did he buy that? Who makes them? Is M! r. Winnick in
> the message group now? Thank you. Curtis Uehara.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now