[PSUBS-MAILIST] Doug J & Ian R

Wow!  That's a nice looking vessel Doug, and with V-8 power, the performance ought to be quite interesting!  Thanks for the link!  I'm thinking from the same perspective as your friend.  I've been in aviation all my life, and I'm convinced that if I stare at an airplane long enough, I'll be able to turn it into a submarine, ha ha!  I'm also into building wooden boats.  I haven't figured out how to turn a wooden boat into a sub yet, and probably won't, but I think I might get a few stability and styling cues from that area for a design.

Ian, man, you hit the nail on the head!  That's the closest thing I've seen to the way I'm thinking.  Rather than a traditional sub, I'm more trying to think how to fly underwater.  That Bionic Dolphin comes real close to being my dream machine, though I'm not sure about that styling.  I think I'd go for something a bit less cetacean, ha ha!  But to each his own.  It's still a beauty.

Cheers!

Rick...