Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question for Alec Smythe

Alec,

Thank you for your answer.  I ask because I am working on my submarine design now.  Please don't be angry with me for saying so but I don't think I will do what you are doing because I want to be able to get in and out more safety in the water without sinking.  Even if you drop weight can stand Solo up, the ocean is always moving up and down.  When you lift the 150 pound bubble higher you climb out on one side under it yes?  I think its hard to get out without sinking.  I hope you don't get stuck with it.  Please be careful.

And another thing I just thought of is what will happen if  you became unconscious in the water or underwater.  If I was a rescue diver how could I get you out?  I don't see how I can get you out to save you so I do not think I will make my submarine like yours.

I am looking at Mr. Winnick sub The Explorer.  I think the black tanks are for ballast.  I think in this sub you could open the hatch and get in and out in the ocean safely.  I like this idea better for my submarine.

Thank you, Curtis Uehara