Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient pressure design considerations

In a message dated 11/14/03 10:02:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, ronleonard@shaw.ca writes:
Of sorts....  It is an air environment. There is a big cockpit full of air (30 cu ft), you add more air to that, and as you do, other air bleeds off because you maintain 30 cu ft. Therefore, you are partially rebreathing some of your air. It's not like a scuba reg where you exhale and the air is gone.
Ron,

I hate to disagree, but I do.  I understand your comment about partially rebreathing some of the air, which in fact you do.  However, the only real difference between SCUBA and the SportSub is that you have on the order of 30 cubic feet of air as a buffer.  Bottom line is that, barring depth/compression differences, every breath you expel in the SportSub is also expelled from beneath the SportSub's canopy ... gone ... just the same as SCUBA.

Warm Regards
Shawn

*****

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."

-- Auguries of Innocence, William Blake, ca 1803