Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Busby Scan

Sliced really does make it pretty simple.  Assuming
the pages are in good enough shape to scan
automatically.  We do manufacture the world's best
black and white production scanner that is over 60
pages per minute.  You'd be suprised at how few people
really want high speed scanners these days, with most
documents generated electronically to begin with.

My company bundles the scanner with all sorts of fancy
adobe type stuff for creating special pdfs and all
kinds of document manipulation.  I must confess I have
never learned how to use them, although I have people
in my group who do.

I would still be happy to scan it in and convert to
.pdf or any other format someone wants.  If the pages
are mostly line drawings, they will compress pretty
darn well with not much loss.  I wouldn't worry about
jpgs or gifs for that matter either.  A lot depends on
the input quality of the document.  If you are
scanning a half tone or continuous tone, things are a
lot different.

It's probably more time efficient for me to sit down
and figure out the software and get it hooked up to
one of the scanners than it is for someone to stand
next to a 4 page per minute flatbed for a week.  I
will be pretty busy over the next few weeks but should
have time to fit it in within a month or so.  And if
you want a CDROM, fine, they're about 10 cents a
piece.  But if you want it printed out and mailed to
you, I'd just want some reimbursement for the mailing
costs.  I'd take the paper out of my department paper
budget as long as I don't get about 500 requests!  If
that fits in with the timeframe everyone wants, let me
know.

Thanks,
John