Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New to PSUB (measurement units)

Anyone recall this costly mistake?

A team of Lockheed Martin engineers sent NASA key maneuvering data for
the $125 million Mars Climate Orbiter in non-standard units, probably
since the craft was launched in 1998, according to a NASA official trying
to explain the loss of the craft.

Miscalculations due to the use of English units instead of metric units
apparently sent the craft slowly off course -- 60 miles in all -- leading
it on a suicide course through the Martian atmosphere.

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/launches/orbiter_errorupd_093099.htm

--Steve