Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] fins on dragged naval sonar

> Not exactly classic teardrop shape.  The classic teardrop shape has a lengthof 6.  Modern military boats use a higher L/D because even though not
> optimum
---
i think sub makers are the only people that understand subsonic ammo 'n car design. read somewhere that many cars do better in a wind tunnel BACKWARDS. all those sleek cutty-looking triangular wedges. the slower, the more the back not front matters.
My subsonic is nearly a cylinder with recessed tapered long base. design tradeoff to be ouchy 'n stable 'n retain e.
http://www.geocities.com/dinosnider666/NATO_PDW_wildcat_round.html
didn't understand that recoil dif/ f e at first - matches up well now. important for standard blowback. anyway...
subsonic led in part to bike/car/sub interest. ssdf.
wanna put a car frame on backwards to make a point. i look at every car on the street.