Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Submersible Design Software

> I personally use AutoCad and Inventor.  But I think you actually don't NEED
> to spend big bucks on software.  WWII class subs were designed and drafted
> by hand and seemed to work just fine.
>
> --
Wais Inventor? How port cad over to VRML/3-D java? I think the CAD-esque software bud engie uses does alotta physics sims too.
D. Will ask.
Can any of these programs reflect heat-mated pipes. Hashing out a pie-in-sky decade-from-now sub with huge intake thru centreline, with passengers in tube that sits partially embedded above. Sweet maths.
D.

Any reason why could not have 'venetian blinds' on sub fins that open, with embedded propeller in fin for sideways move/rotate, for low-drag/ no need to reroute water?