From: dinosnider666@spacemail.com
Sent: Oct 16, 2003 5:43 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape question

> 2. Protect interior electrics and electronics from sea water. I doubt a
> typical fuse panel would take well to sea water. Your design will have to
> some how keep the two seperate.
> ----
D: Like I'm thinking of for the passenger/engine sections. No physical hole - no seal needed. Magnetic/electric/radiation/sound energy thru wall to talk. Could seal off instrument panels in passenger section, and in a pinch not trash your whole sub, while still leaving without need for double air lock.
Alternatively, way overpressure, out bottom - would balance out. Issues there though. Don't imagine could get that nitrogen charged if quick ???
Liked idea of embedding instrument in acrylic plastic, using induction to charge battery. Hassle when wears out, but rugged and easy in meantime.
D.

- crushingly disappointed to find out could not open a disposable camera with plastic underwater housing without wrecking. Nice basis for reusable.  Any ideas for cheap DIY guy?