Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape & rescue]

Probably beyond the scope for most of us resource and budget-wise,
but something to consider for the most extreme rescue and recovery ops:

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/subs/deepworker/sup1_deployrec.h
tml

"Search and Salvage Submersibles"

http://www.submarinebuilders.com/search_salvage_subs.htm

Perhaps adoption of some procedures from general aviation like filing a
"flight plan"  which could simply be an email message to pSubs or a
contactee
on pSubs noting :  1.) time  2.) location  3.) ETD's and ETA's ...etc.
then
an email message letting someone know you're back.  If we don't hear from
you then the GQ alarms go off.

--Steve

>Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com>
I don't think I would want to trust my fate in one rescue-submersible no
matter how well it is fitted.  As the axiom goes, if things can go
wrong...it will
then there would be two subs down.
I would want a support boat or platform with crew to monitor the
operation.
So the question is what is the minimum crew compliment and equipment
needed for a successful rescue operations besides a rescue sub with
piolt?

--Steve