Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape & rescue

In a message dated 10/17/03 10:18:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Ray.Keefer@Sun.COM writes:
The conclusion I have come up with is PSUBers must rescue themselves or each other. How heavy is a K-350? Can I say air transportable? A buddy goes down, unable to get back up, his surface contact with the dive plan calls for help, the rest of us moblize and fly and boat to the scene with a few K-boats.

We are a long ways from that level of interdependance and cooperation but as
more and more subs come on line the possiblity of being a mere hours from help may one day be realized.
What a cool vision of the future!  Maybe a national registry of emergency PSUB rescue responders.  Also points out the need for us to design and build with rescue in mind (e.g., emergency locating buoys, hull fixtures for attaching salvage tubes and tow lines).

Warm Regards
Shawn

*****

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."

-- Auguries of Innocence, William Blake, ca 1803