Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape question

> -------------------------------1066073514
>

> My current design is intended to only operate 0'-160', but sustain 320' ...
> "stuff" happens, but considering that the wager is my life I want to hedge
> every bet I can.  FWIW, in an attempt to indulge my proactive paranoia about the
> possibility of being stuck below practical SCUBA range, I'm incorporating:

---
There are SCUBA BCEs with dual tank options. Could one have one standard air tank, and have one for lower depths? This could allow SCUBA escape at greater depths.
There is the pesky issue of sudden high pressure, unless one gradually pressured the air prior to ? flooding the compartment?. My friend M bruised her eardrum on one of her first dives. Makig sure sinus/head is clear/not congested would be a wise precaution. Those menthol gums are good at that. Antihistamines may expire mid-dive -check duration.
They also gradually become less effective, the more you take them.

P.S.: I'm learning lots here! I mean, up until this year, I thought vehicles moved due to hamsters on treadmills under the hood. Hahha. Not MUCH of an exaggeration.