RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull failure calculation sheet

> Ryan,
>
> I'm the author of the spreadsheet, and can tell you that I DON'T KNOW
> how accurate it is from an analytical perspective. What I do know is
> that it doesn't really matter, because very small fabrication
> discrepancies will yield very large variances from the theoretical
> failure points.
> ---
Can be done without models.
When gun barrels (made like barrels are) were made, they just kept trimming until they blew up. Then they added some. Scuba tank overpressure test, followed by safely avoiding by a margin should work. No need to make overly complex. Hell I am liberal arts guy. Common sense goes far.