Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Viewport Toughness

I have been following the discussion regarding the construction of submersibles and recently this thread on visors.

I have been looking at using a 60cm diamter, 30cm high cylinder of polycarbonate/acrylic instead of a dome. Can anyone give me suppliers for this ?

Thanks
Herman Cini

Warren Greenway <opensourcesub@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm afraid that safety glass isn't really suitable for
high-pressure applications. It is only design to
control the shattering process. As soon as it starts
to break under pressure, it will also immediately
finish. The only thing I could see using safety glass
for is a a "visor" to protect your actuall viewport.

Warren.