Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Submarine Tech

> improvemnt over 4 stroke engines and work great with H/gas. I had talked to
> someone over the inet a few weeks back who had designed one where the water
> outside the hull was sucked into a tank where hydrogen was striped away and
> fed to the engine in a continuous cycle. Seems pretty neat but I have my
> doubts, any thoughts?)
>>Yeah -Ryan blew up a gasoline motor in high school, trying to convert over to hydrogen. I guess temperature is very important.
He has his eye on this one motor for pulling cable on big ships.
I plan to use isolation mounts on all noisy bits. Not hard - based on torpedo. Also read up on 'acoustically trasparent' materials -maybe later.
Good news - found patent for roll-your-own super AGM batteries - optima spiralcells. Looking into kitbashing brushless motor next. (Doing hybrid recumbent also - trying to use basic off-the-self for quick-start and uphill only. Regenerative braking.
D.