From: dinosnider666@spacemail.com
Sent: Oct 1, 2003 12:15 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concret submarine, hatches, connectors, viewports, bubbles, classification

> Wow,   My hat is off to you my friend !!!!  That is an extraordinary achievement to actually build a concrete sub in the face of so many saying that it can't be done!  Somebody should bring that sub back up form the bottom of the lake !  By now it is probably even stronger than it was when it was first....
-----
D: Ditto -awesome!
Had idea to seal sunk oil tankers in seacrete. There are times when concrete won't work.
Seacrete 'ages well' too - magnesium leaches out, replaced by calcium calcite crystals.
Somebody recently made fast-curing concrete that is co2 sink to boot - so that 'schtick' of seacrete just went bye-bye.

Not sure if a one-shot purchase price on a water-based generator could make seacrete ever be cost-effective or not.
If make big enough, then no need for transportation to water/how lift issue. Just leave in, roll over to work on certain parts.
Guess Romans made concrete -even figured out blood stops frost damage.
Had no immediate plans for seacrete - just looking into coatings, sealants et al.  A 'pie in the sky' long-term future plan involved going for the displacement record. Don't think will otherwise outperform a Typhoon class, though.

Found great marine-theme news site, huge collection of articles.
underwatertimes.com
 Guess Aussie Collins class runs so quiet that it stomped USA subs in exercises.