Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] how to calculate pressure on sub

Hi Bruno,

It's very easy... It's about 0.5 pound per square inch for every inch of
depth.

So: 15 feet = 7.5 PSI, 100 feet = 50 PSI.

The real calcul is the weight of the water at the depth you want. I don't
remember exactly what a cubing inch of water weight but it is easy to find
out.

There is also a difference between fresh and salt water...

I hope this help!

Pierre Poulin

http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/