Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question for technical divers

Hi Alec!

Hi everybody!

I have 2 thinks to say.

First. I was also considering the escape evantuality of my sub and I figured out that the biggest problem for me would be: When the water begging to fill the sub, it become very negative in bouyancy. If you are on the bottom, no more problem. But if you are not. the boat is going down VERY fast. Going down that fast for one minute could be a big problem! Can you compensate faster then the sub sinking? I don't know... Now, imagine you get out of the sub, it's sinking lake 57 km/h or whatever, and you try to grab a reserve bottle on the outside of it??? While compensating your ears with one hand? Sounds scaring to me... And no, I don't have an answer for that. Sorry.

Second. Alec, I'm a bit familiar with your boat. Could you install a release mechanism to allow you to completely remove the front dome of the sub? I know there must be stoppers at the end of those 4 rods. Maybe you can make those stoppers removable in case of emergency and then allow you to exit easyly with the required diving gear? Just a tough...

Thrid. (did I say 2?? well...) Yes prone is uncomfortable! I will use harness for the upper part of my body and mattress for the rest.

That's it! No more point for now!

Ho yes! Somebody at the convention mentioned something about the army doing escape test from sub and I think he said something about 600 feet without problem. I just can't remember who said that...

Bye!

Pierre "making BIG bigger..." Poulin