Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 1964 fiberglass sub from Germany

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:34:14 EDT SJSVOB@aol.com writes:

>> I had a 16-foot sailboat with hull made of a half-inch of
>fiberglass...
>
>How old was the sailboat?  From what I hear the early fiberglass boats
>had much thicker hulls than they do today.  I was told this was because
>fiberglass was relatively new and so was overengineered.

That's true.   The boat was built in 1978.  It was a light boat
overall, but the hull was quite rugged.  The deck and cabin
were a lot thinner than the hull.

And it would have been hard to use as a tender for a sub.
I gave the idea a lot of thought.

Mike Holt

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!