Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Calculations

I'd add that you should plan for the worst when drop testing.

Test to a depth with appropriate safety margin.  Realize that if it
fails at depth, you will suddenly have an anchor with the same weight
your sub had _IN_AIR_.  Most boats you can trailer are not going to
handle having a two thousand pound anchor attached to one side, or even
the bow or stern.  I guess what I'm saying is to plan for that drop line
to go out as deep as the test area and make sure it isn't caught on
anything.

Plan that the sub will fail, that way you won't lose a boat along with a
sub.

mike