RE: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Diesel engine

I'm just wondering what you use to start this beast. You can't just
connect a giant starter motor to the flywheel. Perhaps a smaller diesel?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of peter
mckellar
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:00 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Diesel engine

Hi all (Carl),

Ive seen one of these, or something of vrey similar dimensions.  It was
in a basement cavern of a special built Disaster Recovery Centre for
many government departments in ACT, Australia.

As a UPS, it would kick in when the power died and on the top floor you
could feel the building start falling into harmony with the stroke.  It
put a smile on most of the chicks in any meetings we held there :)

Interestingly (and im not sure what it says about people in general),
the local mythology was this non-descript building, built behind a
telephone exchange, was a 'secret' ASIO (read CIA) hideout.  :)

peter

> That's the ticket!  man, what is the purpose of having something that
big?  Maybe for power generation?

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---