From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Steven Mills
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 3:21 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Information Needed for HDPE

>From: Alex Varouxis <alex@associateddesign.com>
>
> When I plug the numbers in to Row 24 column B (Cylinder Yielding [T/OD]
> reads "NUM!" This happens when I put in the Yield stress of 0.10E6

Alex,  I think the numbers are out of range for the scope of the cell.
The spreadsheet needs to be tweaked a bit.  I'm going to work on it.
If you're familiar with Excel try working with the cell range. If you do, I
would
setup a dummy sheet to rework it and keep the original intact.

Which brings up a question.

You have the pipe at 10.75 inches OD and I.D. of 9.49 inches which
brings the thickness at 1.26 inches.  Is this a stock pipe? Or 2 pipes,
one fitted inside the other?

Is this a containment vessel that will sit outside a hull? [ like a thruster
cowling, duct, sensor or camera case ? ]

> Thanks for all your help on this

No problem. This is helping me, too. I figured it was time for me to
start thinking pSub and getting things on paper instead of just talking
and wishing.  I need to get my brain and hands working!

Thanks, --Steve