From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Steven Mills
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:51 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Information Needed for HDPE

>From: Alex Varouxis <alex@associateddesign.com>
>
> What I am trying to determine is the failure (Crush Depth)  of an HDPE
> Pressure vessel that will measure 10.75 inches OD and an I.D. of 9.49
> inches. Length is 8 inches.
>
> Regards Alex

Alex,

I posted this a few months ago.
This might help? It's a simple vessel calculator. Input Young's Modulus
and Poisson's ratio for the material.

http://pergatory.mit.edu/rcortesi/portf/pressvesfailure/presvesfail.html
Simple Pressure Vessle Failure Calculations
Crush Depth of Simple Cylinders and Endcaps: ... done by me as part of the
Underwater
Experiment Canister ... the shelf stainless steel pipe as a pressure vessel
for C ...

Use the site Roger referenced to get the values:

http://www.matweb.com/search/SearchSubcat.asp

If you don't have MsOffice you can download a free XLS viewer from:

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx

I have another vessel calculator somewhere, I have to look for it.
When I come across it I will post it.

--Steve