From: Thijs Struijs [mailto:thijs-struijs@planet.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 2:11 PM
To: PSUBS
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Double endcaps sub

I have posted some drawings to:

 http://www.prismnet.com/~moki/subfiles.html

I have tried to streamline the double endcaps sub. I have added a GRP hull around the pressure hull.  Maybe it looks a little complicated but i think one has to make a mold for only a quater of the GRP hull and use it 3 times. With a little cutting and laminating one could make a hull like that if your are a little inventive (and we all are, are we not?). The keel looks like a box because i don't know yet what it will contain (batteries, VBT, ballast). What i do know is that i want to have a fairing around it. There is a lot of mud in The Netherlands and i don't want to stick in it. The idea is to bolt the fairing to the drop-ballast. So if you get stuck you can drop the ballast together with the fairing and you are free again.

The next thing i will do is to try to make some calculations on the stability.

I would like to hear what you think about it.

Greatings

Thijs Struijs