Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Greetings

Welcome Eric!

Pierre Poulin

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric & Terry Shawd
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 8:45 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Greetings

I am a new subscriber to this group. I am currently a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 20 years of experience as a welder and machinist with an emphasis in exotic welding techniques and shipfitting/fabrication. I'm also a certified SCUBA diver (ex Navy Diver) and I have committed to building my own personal submarine and find most of what I have been reading from others on this site extremely enlightening and useful. I believe that with my background in construction and recent degree in Engineering that I shouldn't have much trouble with designing and building my own system. At the same time, I am definitely open to suggestions and/or comments.  And don't laugh but, I live in Arizona.  Ha ha, yes, a scuba diver building a submarine in the Arizona desert. Hey, we have lakes here too ya know and San Diego isn't really all that far away...  :-) At any rate, I'm just in the beginning phases, i.e., making my list of specifications, finding a design, etc..

Would enjoy hearing from any of you with experiences and/or comments.

Sincerely

Eric Shawd