RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Doug Farrow?

Hi,

> For better or for worse, wet subs don't seem to be
> nearly as common as 1 atm subs on PSUBS. Don't worry,
> rephrase your questions and try again.
>
> Warren.
>
> --- martlet1 <martlet1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Posting seems to be down across the list.  For a
> > while I thought I'd been
> > removed from it for bringing up the subject of wet
> > subs!

I'm building, well, okay, designing a wet sub...

My biggest design problem is keeping the components
(batteries and motor control box) dry.  I was hoping
to use something like a motorcycle grip for throttle
with a pull-pull linkage.  This way I can mount it
directly on the control rod.

I'm also trying to figure out air supply for the
operator (me).  I'd planned on using straight SCUBA
(cost effective), but it really messes up the
hydrodynamics.

Any other wet subs out there?  If I allow a "helmet"
section to flood freely, and have the operator wear
SCUBA inside, how much is visibility messed up?

Steve