[PSUBS-MAILIST] Wet sub

Well given your remark, Jonathan...it seems as good a time as any to
de-lurk myself.

My name is Julian Ford.  I am a Systems Engineer, and also a NAUI-
certified diver.

I am building a wet sub, and have already built and wet-tested a
prototype (basically one passenger compartment), and am about to
proceed on to the full thing.

It will be 12 feet long, 2 feet high at the center line, and 3 feet
wide at the widest point.  There are ballast tanks on either side
which run most of the length of the sub, divided into fore and aft
compartments.  With ballast tanks flooded, the sub will be neutrally
bouyant.

I'm using composite construction of fiberglass with a foam core,
and will be propelling it with a Minn Kota trolling motor.  There
are dive planes to control the depth, which I expect to rarely
(if ever) exceed about 60 feet.  It's too dark and cold beyond that
anyway, at least up here in Canadian waters.

I've been silently following this group for a few months now,
and have enjoyed many of the topics.  If anyone wishes to chat,
I would be more than happy to do so.

Looking forward to lots of sub-talk!

Regards,
Julian