Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull test

Hi Pierre,
testing the sub by pressurizing the hull, will result in blowing the hatch
off.The sub and all its penetrations are designed to withstand
pressure from the outside.Valve seals hatch seals and the port holes,
have the o-ring positioned to seal and work properly with the pressure
from the outside.
Unless you like to build a decompression chamber or a lockout sub
compartment, all you hull penetrations should seal with pressure from the
outside. You can find a company that does crash tests in pressure tanks, or
lower the sub from a surface vessel to your calculated depth.
Inside pressurisation is not recomandet for depth testing.
Best regards,
Michael Wludarczyk.
Commercial Diver and Submersible Pilot.