Re: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Blue-green laser

I personally would like to display this type of data
on an LCD. I don't want goggles over my eyes in this
situation, and I have seen the problems with getting
a projection system to perform. Light amplification
is a great idea though. It would be nice to be able
to see using a few different methods, so that adverse
conditions don't douse your campfire.

Warren.

--- peter  mckellar <mckellar@earthlink.net> wrote:
> The designs discussed in this thread all sound
> great.
>
> i did amateur astronomy for some time, and a couple
> of things from there may improve the designs.
>
> light collection is the objective in astronomy, not
> magnification.  the problem is not dissimilar.
> underwater is actually a low light situation (in
> most cases).  by mounting telecope style mirrors as
> the collectors, you should achieve far greater
> visibility.
>
> likewise, the image enhancers (photo multipliers)
> used in astronomy could amplify existing light
> (laser or ambient) and catch some light from the
> laser scattered to other wavelengths underwater.
> hunters' night vision goggles work by the same
> principle and either hobby could be used to source
> parts.  the astronomy sources however may offer the
> best mix and match of interchangable parts.
>
> instead of projecting images onto the hull, although
> this has many advantages and would look very kewl,
> VR goggles and work in this field may also yield
> some off-the-shelf software.
>
> hope this helps
> cheers
> peter
That would be the start of it and could progress from
there.Any suggestions on how to make something like
that. Tim R.   -----Original Message-----