RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FEA

Thanks

Tim R.

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Greenway [mailto:opensourcesub@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:00 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FEA

Someone, I believe it was Steve...Anyhow, someone
posted
a link to free FEA software. Contact Autodesk, I
believe
they had some limited FEA plugins that are intended to
sell you on the full featured versions. And remember
that the problems Ford is having with blocks, heads,
and
transmission cases cracking wide open is due to a
reliance on FEA. FEA gives you a figure to work with,
but please assume that it is very generous and over
build.

Warren.