Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Forbes story

Empress of Ireland?  Sure, I've heard of it.

Sister ship to Empress of Britain, owned by the Canadian Pacific
Railway.  Built in Scotland.  Sunk in 1914, after being rammed
amidships in her starboard side by the coal collier Storstad.  If I
recall correctly, they never figured out exactly why the collision
happened.  It happened in thick fog, but other than that, there were
many conflicting details.

Erick