Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alternative hull material.

If you want to complicate things, you can talk about psig (gauge pressure) vs. psia (absolute pressure), but the only difference is that at sea level, psig=0 when psia = 14.7; So psia = psig + 14.7, regardless of depth.

But why complicate things?  For approximates, you can just figure 1/2 psi per foot of depth... so 8 feet depth is about 4 psi above sea level pressure.

And just for clarity, psi = pounds per square inch.