[PSUBS-MAILIST] What's the biggest problem?

Something I read triggered a question: what's the biggest
single problem facing submarine builders?

It seems to me that, ignoring for a moment the fairly normal
lack of enthusiasm we get from spouses, the biggest problem
is the matter of the pressure hull.

Comment?

A related note that may have caused me to think about the
question:  In Jan Breemer's book about Soviet submarines,
he reports that the CIA found that the Golf they recovered
was not well built.   From page 168:  "Hull thickness varied
widely, and welds were uneven and dangerously pitted.   Most
surprising was the use of four-by-two wooden beams for
internal structural support."

MIke H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com