From: "Alec Smyth" <Asmyth@changepoint.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 7:43 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VHF antenna - question for Doc?

> Sorry to ask something so trivial, but has anyone got a source for VHF
antennas suitable for a sub, or any insight into installing one? I have the
additional challenge of keeping it hydrodynamically clean.

> Doc, does Bionic Dolphin have an antenna hidden in the dorsal fin? I
looked into low drag (faired) antennas for aviation, but I see aviation VHF
uses different frequencies to marine VHF, so I presume an aircraft antenna
would be innappropriate.