[PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS endcaps (pressure hull)

I just found an old e-mail from Adre Pevestorf. My choice is type B.

Thijs Struijs
----- Original Message -----
From: AndrePevestorf@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] fish shaped submarine [Was: end caps]

Hi folks,

I add a acrobat PDF file with the drawings of common used end caps.

A is the so called Klöpper shape. (used in CSSX for instance)

B is in german called "Korbbogen" that means the "grip of a wicker" shape

C is an eliptical shape with a ratio from 1:2. This shape is more common in britian and the states.... (says my book)  please check that.

Rating the external pressure resistance "for a first quick shot" I would say that C is better then B and A is the worst shape... (remember the explanation from Carsten)

Please check the price differences and the manufactures ...

As Pat said: the PSUBERS goal is to catch the design criterias within the financial and technical envelope and "every thing can be a sub.... if it is strong enough.. :-))

A.