Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS (Pressure hull)

I have been looking at making a spherical sub from
Hemispherical heads I like the use of space for the
elliptical heads
I found a PDF from www.edmontonexchanger.com called "EdEx
Head Specs.pdf" it gave me a starting point for dreaming.
i have been using SA 516 Grade 70 as the material i use
for the math,I am not sure if this would be a good steel
it is as close SA 517 as i could find.

Ideas?

Andy

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:43:05 +0100
  "Thijs Struijs" <thijs-struijs@planet.nl> wrote:
>Pierre,
>
>Good idea for the OSS pressure hull.
>
>These endcaps can be bought. There are probably some
>standard dimensions
>because they need special tools to make them. At this
>moment i did not
>contact any manufacturers at all because when i do, i
>want to know what i am
>talking about. You don't get a second chance meeting
>someone for the firts
>time. I do know there are standard relations between
>diameter and radii. For
>more information you can have a look at these websites:
>
>http://www.bakertankhead.com/products.htm (USA)
>
>http://www.afflerbach.de/html/default.htm (Germany)
>
>http://www.antonius.nl/antonius/home/products.asp?lang=English
>(Netherlands)
>
>Greetings,
>
>Thijs Struijs

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">