Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure calcul

I think your right ...didn't think about the fact that the sub hull would not see the force from the initial 1atm because it is balanced out by the 1atm of pressure on the inside of the hull. (most of the time when I deal with theses types of presures I'm using them to figure partial pressures for gasses in which case the 1atm does apply.)

> From: "Pierre Poulin" <pipo305@hotmail.com>
> Date: 2003/02/05 Wed PM 05:57:26 EST
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure calcul
>

> Hi,
>
> I forgot who said the last word about calculating the water pressure but I
> think that you don't have to had the 1 atm from air into the calcul because
> the interior of the sub is at least at 1 atm. Those 2 pressure negate. So a
> sub at 33 feet will be under 15 psi.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Pierre

> MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous !
> http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/

Roger June
REJ and Company
513-300-1189
rjune@fuse.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.