Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure calcul

I concur.  15 psi differential.

However seawater is heavier than fresh water so if you are going to 5000 m
[16400 ft] then you must be in the ocean, and the pressure will be higher.

For freshwater I use 1/2 psi per foot as a rough estimate to ball park
things.  (14.7 / 33.9138 = .433 )

I get 406.965" H2O = 1 atm = 14.696 pisa

406.965" = 33.9138 feet.

I don't know why the slight difference.  I always thought 32 feet, but when
I looked it up, its more like 34'.. Is my source wrong??

Jay.

                      "Pierre Poulin"
                      <pipo305@hotmail.com>             To:       personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-personal_submersible        Subject:  Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure calcul
                      s@psubs.org

                      05/02/2003 03:57 PM
                      Please respond to
                      personal_submersibles

Hi,

I forgot who said the last word about calculating the water pressure but I
think that you don't have to had the 1 atm from air into the calcul because

the interior of the sub is at least at 1 atm. Those 2 pressure negate. So a

sub at 33 feet will be under 15 psi.

Am I right?

Pierre

http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/